Top 5 Best Coconut Sugars: Editor Recommended
The 10 Best Coconut Sugar Reviews:
1. MADHAVA Organic Coconut Sugar
MADHAVA Organic Coconut Sugar is sourced directly from two non GMO and organic co-ops in Central Java with farmers who share our values of doing good for people and the earth. Each co-op consists of hundreds of small family farms where the skills to harvest and cook the sap are passed down through generations.
When MADHAVA started making honey in 1973, we were shocked that food companies tinker and toil with synthetic formulas, trying to re-create authentic flavors.
We knew there was a better way. So, we ventured into deserts in Mexico, climbed trees in California, and sapped flowers in Asia – in an obsessive pursuit of purity.
As our company has evolved since 1973, so has our passion for purity in all foods. It’s now our mission to get clean ingredients to tables across the country – and the world.
In our pursuit of purity, we’ve partnered with the Clean Label Project to double and triple check that our MADHAVA methods prevent environmental and industrial contaminants from getting in, resulting in natural, organic, rich flavors you can trust.
Every MADHAVA product is Clean Label Project certified and continuously tested for hundreds of toxins and contaminants.
- ORGANIC COCONUT SUGAR—TASTE THE DIFFERENCE: Scoop or sprinkle some of our delicious organic coconut sugar with this pack of 1, 48-ounce bag of MADHAVA Organic Coconut Sugar
- INDEPENDENTLY AWARDED FOR PURITY: Continuously tested by The Clean Label Project to verify we are a leading coconut sugar brand avoiding more than 200 contaminants including heavy metals (lead, arsenic, mercury), pesticides and insecticides (including glyphosate)
- AUTHENTIC COCONUT SUGAR: Harvested on multi-generation family farms in Indonesia
- SUSTAINABLY HARVESTED: Our organic coconut sugar is harvested from coconut palm trees in partnership with local organic and non GMO farmers who share our values of doing good for people and the earth
- CLEAN & SIMPLE: Our organic coconut sugar is USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Kosher, gluten-free and vegan, and is packed in BPA free packaging
- 1:1 REPLACEMENT FOR OTHER TYPES OF GRANULATED SUGAR: Our coconut sugar is a natural sweetener, use it as a sugar alternative—no recipe changes needed
- UNREFINED MULTI-USE NATURAL SWEETENER: Replace refined white sugar, brown sugar and ‘raw’ sugars in all recipes and beverages (including tea and coffee) with pure and unrefined organic coconut sugar from MADHAVA
- PASSION FOR PURITY: MADHAVA started making honey in 1973 and although honey will always be our first love, we’ve made room for other clean and simple organic food like agave nectar, coconut sugar, extra virgin olive oil and culinary vinegars
2. BetterBody Foods Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- REFINED SUGAR ALTERNATIVE: Organic Coconut Sugar makes an excellent 1 to 1 ratio (spoon-for-spoon) replacement to refined white sugar. That means it’s easy to switch out white sugar or artificial sweeteners for BetterBody Foods Organic Coconut Sugar in simple meals and gourmet recipes. The possibilities are endless.
- LOW ON THE GLYCEMIC INDEX: BetterBody Foods’ Organic Coconut Sugar is naturally low on the glycemic index. This means that it doesn’t raise your blood sugar as quickly as refined sugars do, so you can have the sweetness of sugar in naturally sweet coconut sugar without the associated insulin spike. Our Organic Coconut Sugar is USDA organic certified, gluten-free, non-GMO, kosher.
- MILD CARAMEL FLAVOR: Organic Coconut Sugar from BetterBody Foods is naturally flavored and has a subtle caramel-like taste that offers a unique variation from refined sugars. It is comparable to brown and cane sugar in taste. It is delicious in your morning cup of coffee or tea, or in your bowl of oatmeal or cereal.
- UNREFINED FOR BAKING and COOKING: Having traveled the world to find the best food, we found the perfect sweetener for all of your cooking and baking needs. Cookies, cakes, muffins, brownies, pancakes, and many other foods can be sweetened with our premium Organic Coconut Palm Sugar for a better alternative to granulated sugar.
- NATURAL COCONUT SWEETENER: Our Organic Coconut Palm Sugar is derived from the nectar of flowers that grow on coconut trees. Because it is organic, it is able to retain many of the nutrients that other coconut products contain. This unrefined sweetener option will help you tame your sweet tooth without feeling guilty.
3. Big Tree Farms Organic Brown Coconut Sugar
- Big Tree Farms organic brown coconut sugar
- Naturally low on the glycemic index (GI about 35), unrefined and high nutrient
- A healthy alternative to high fructose sweeteners and processed cane sugars; Gluten free and Kosher
- Coconut Palm Sugar has a soft caramel flavor, similar to light brown sugar; Dissolves in liquid
- Packaged in a stand up resealable pouch
4. Big Tree Farms Organic Blonde Coconut Sugar
Our Coconut is 100% pure – made from Nira, the fresh coconut blossom nectar. The Nectar of the Coconut Blossom, harvested by hand on the islands of Indonesia by our collective of organic farmers, is dried into this nourishing sugar, ready to replace any other.
Golden-sweet and rich with vital amino acids, it absorbs gently in the body, avoiding crashes and making dishes and drinks delicious.
We live where we grow. We are Big Tree Farms, the world’s most sustainable source for Nira, the fresh coconut blossom nectar. We improve the land we tend, and think first of the future in every choice.
With you, we choose a day whose work is worthy of fair wages, and serve the health of people & planet. The more we do, the more we want to do. The more who join us, the more we can.
- BLOND COCONUT SUGAR: A natural sweetener made only from the coconut blossom nectar of the coconut tree. Round and rich with hints of caramel, the warm molasses note in this silky unreﬁned sugar easily replaces cane sugar
- THE BENEFITS: An organic, unrefined, unprocessed alternative to cane sugar or raw sugar. Our coconut sugar is rich in essential minerals and aminos acids and can be a 1:1 substitute for refined cane sugar
- USDA ORGANIC: Non-GMO Project Verified, Gluten Free, Vegan, Kosher, Low GI, Keto, Fair Trade and Unrefined. Perfect for baking, cooking, beverages and more!
- GLYCEMIC INDEX: Our Coconut Sugar has a glycemic index rating of “Low” versus cane sugar which is rated “High” which makes it a better alternative for special diets
- SUSTAINABILITY: Coconut Trees produce 50-75% more sugar per acre than cane sugar. Coconut Blossom regenerates every 14 days and a coconut tree can produce nectar for 40 years so they are never cut down after each harvest
- ORGANIC FARMERS: We work with over 10,000 organic farmer-producers throughout Indonesia, who harvest the nectar twice a day, all year long
- VERTICALLY INTEGRATED: We own the process from Tree to Shelf which enables us to protect the integrity of our products and allows us to work with farmers to implement practices to mitigate our impact on the climate
5. Organic Coconut Sugar by Supernatural
- A SMARTER SWEET: Coconut sugar is lower in fructose than cane sugar, agave, and maple syrup. With a low glycemic index, it’s easier on blood sugar than most natural sweeteners.
- TASTES LIKE CARAMEL: Don’t be fooled by its exotic origins. Coconut sugar tastes like caramel, not coconuts!
- EASY TO USE: Unlike honey, agave, or maple syrup, our fine grain coconut sugar is a cup-for-cup sugar replacement. Just follow your usual recipes!
- BETTER FOR BELLIES: Coconut sugar contains inulin, a prebiotic fiber that reduces sugar highs and keeps guts happy.
- PLANET CONSCIOUS: Our coconut sugar is organically farmed, unrefined, and sustainably sourced.
6. Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Coconut Sugar
RAW COCONUT SUGAR is just one of the highly effective natural exfoliants in Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Coconut Sugar Facial Scrub.
The texture of the coconut sugar polishes your skin, buffing away layers of dirt, impurities, pollutants, and makeup. Dead skin cells are exfoliated, leaving your face feeling smoother and cleaner.
This Palmer’s coconut sugar scrub also contains EXTRA VIRGIN COCONUT OIL, TAHITIAN MONOI, and SWEET ALMOND OIL, moisturizers that instantly hydrate your skin, making it softer and giving you a dewy, healthy-looking glow.
All Palmer’s coconut oil facial formulas are dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and free of parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, gluten, sulfates, and dyes.
And because Palmer’s cares about the environment, they are ethically formulated, using sustainably sourced ingredients.
- Sugar Face Scrub: Palmer’s Coconut Sugar Exfoliating Facial Scrub uses natural Coconut Sugar to gently buff and polish away dirt and dead skin cells, revealing a brighter, fresher and purified complexion
- Natural Factors: This hydrating and calming blend of coconut water, chamomile and coconut oil helps exfoliate while maintaining skin’s moisture and balance and promoting a soft and dewy complexion
- Finest Ingredients: We strive to use only the finest natural, raw ingredients to bring you soft, hydrated and beautiful hair and skin. We support sustainable production of Shea and Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil worldwide
- Choose What’s Real: Our beauty products and hair and skin treatments feature real high-quality, plant-based ingredients in formulas that really work to hydrate and soften, from lip balm to bar soap to body butter
- Palmer’s: Our Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, and Vitamin E product lines include creams, balms, lotions, oils and soaps for hand and body, face, lip, sun care, hair care and pregnancy and stretch mark care
7. Organic Brown Coconut Sugar
Food to Live is a company committed to making people healthier by providing them with delicious, healthy food. We established this business with a purpose of making a change that would take our world one step closer to being a better place for us and our children.
Food to Live delivers a variety of natural, organic and raw foods that can enable anyone to develop healthy eating habits. All our products can be included into a vegan diet.
- ORGANIC PRODUCT: Our Organic Coconut Sugar is a product without any GMO or dangerous contests.
- HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS: Food to Live Organic Coconut Sugar has mild, caramel taste.
- LOW GLYCEMIC INDEX: Organic Coconut Sugar is given an index of 35. This indicator is much lower than in other types of sugar.
- NUTRITIOUS: Food to Live Organic Coconut Sugar is packed with Amino acids, Vitamins of group B and Microelements.
- GREAT FOR DESSERTS: Organic Coconut Sugar is perfect for cooking tasty dessert and cocktails.
8. Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Coconut Sugar
- Terrasoul Superfoods Coconut Palm Sugar, 32 ounces
- USDA Certified Organic, kosher, non-gmo, gluten free, and vegan friendly.
- Coconut sugar makes an excellent 1:1 ratio replacement to refined white sugar for all of your baking and cooking needs. This tasty addition adds sweetness to coffee or tea without the sugar spike.
- 100% Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee – We stand behind our products and offer a 30-day money back guarantee, backed by an outstanding customer service team.
- Terrasoul Superfoods sources the freshest and highest quality superfoods from all over the planet. Our mission is to make these amazing, healthy foods available to you at the lowest prices possible while paying our growers and employees fair wages.
9. Nutiva Organic Granulated Coconut Sugar
Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar brings a subtle sweetness – similar to brown sugar with a hint of caramel – to your kitchen and is the perfect alternative to cane sugar, corn syrup, and artificial sweeteners.
Unlike other sweeteners on the market, our granulated coconut sugar is never processed using hexane or other dangerous chemicals. Instead, it starts with collecting the fresh sap from sustainably grown coconut trees.
This raw sap is gently heated so that the excess moisture evaporates away, leaving behind an unrefined and unprocessed granular sugar considered by some to be healthier than refined and chemical sweetener options.
Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar contains potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron, and B vitamins. It is also reported to have a lower glycemic index than other sweeteners on the market and is often considered to be a wholesome addition to vegetarian, vegan, whole food, paleo-friendly, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets.
Nutiva was founded in 1999 with a single purpose in mind – to Revolutionize the Way the World Eats.
Our role is to produce and promote organic, nutrient-dense foods that are good for you and good for the planet. Social and environmental responsibility is a core part of Nutiva’s culture and business.
From sourcing organic products, to obtaining fair trade certification, to greening our facilities and operations, to funding tree planting at schools in our local community, we are constantly seeking ways to better protect our environment and ensure a better quality of life for employees, customers, and the communities we serve.
- Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar is a natural sugar replacement that’s lower in fructose than cane sugar, agave, and maple syrup and has a lower glycemic index than other sweeteners
- Our Organic Coconut Sugar is made from fresh coconut tree sap, collected from the cut flower buds. The sap is heated to evaporate moisture, resulting in the crystal or granular form of sugar.
- Simply substitute cup-for-cup for refined granulated white sugar, brown sugar and raw sugars in all recipes, desserts, and beverages
- A natural alternative to sweeteners and an excellent option for vegetarian, vegan, whole food, and gluten-free diets
- Nutiva stringently adheres to USDA guidelines and partners with organic farmers to source the world’s finest fresh non-GMO organic coconuts and to deliver food that is good for you and good for the planet
10. HEALTH GARDEN Garden Coconut Sugar
Health Garden’s Coconut Sugar will sweep you off your feet with its delicate sweetness, rich caramel flavor and deep golden color. Coconut sugar is delicious, nutritious and certified kosher, with no harmful additives or artificial chemicals. Packed with antioxidants, nutrients and pure, natural sweetness, coconut sugar is here to stay!
Coconut sugar has been used for centuries around the world as a natural sweetener. A palm sugar derived from the sap of coconut palm trees, coconut sugar is high in amino acids, nutrients, and antioxidants, providing you with many health benefits when compared to regular brown sugar.
Coconut sugar contains impressive amounts of zinc, iron, potassium, and magnesium as well as dietary fibers like inulin. Inulin supports digestive health and contributes to balancing blood sugar levels.
Health Garden’s coconut sugar is derived from the sap of the coconut blossom from trees grown in the Philippines, which are higher quality than coconut sugar harvested in Indonesia.
Our coconut sugar is a light golden color, it won’t harden and it doesn’t have an aftertaste. Our production team invested a lot of effort to create a unique refinement process, ensuring that our coconut sugar remained as pure and high-quality as possible throughout the production process.
- GREAT FOR COOKING AND BAKING: Coconut sugar, used as a sweetener for centuries in countries around the world, is a palm sugar derived from the sap of the coconut palm tree. Due to its rich, golden color and caramel flavor, coconut sugar is a great alternative to regular brown sugar. Try it and you’ll be amazed at the results!
- LOW GLYCEMIC INDEX: Despite having the same amount of calories as regular sugar, coconut sugar actually only contains about 78% sucrose, glucose and fructose. The remaining components include nutrients like zinc and iron, as well as antioxidants and dietary fibers. In moderation, coconut sugar is safe for diabetics and can help manage blood sugar levels. Recommended for use with keto, low-carb and gluten-free diets, coconut sugar can promote weight loss and weight maintenance.
- 100% ALL NATURAL AND ORGANIC: Coconut sugar is delicious, gluten-free and kosher with no harmful additives, artificial chemicals or genetically modified ingredients. Rich in naturally-occurring nutrients and antioxidants, coconut sugar will infuse your life with sweetness and enhance your overall health and fitness.
- COCONUT SUGAR CONVERSION RATE: 1 teaspoon coconut sugar = 1 teaspoon sugar. 1 cup coconut sugar = 1 cup sugar.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We believe in our product and we think you will too! Contact us with any questions and we’ll be glad to help. If you don’t love our product, send it back for a full refund, no questions asked!
Last update on 2022-05-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API