Top 5 Best Nigella Seeds Substitutes: Editor Recommended
The 10 Best Nigella Seeds Substitutes Reviews:
1. Cerez Pazari Nigella Seeds
- ALL NATURAL,VEGAN AND KETO-FRIENDLY: Nigella sativa commonly known as black seed or black cumin, has been used for medicinal purposes for centuries. It originated from Southeastern Asia and was also used in ancient Egypt, Greece, Middle East, and Africa.. Still in our modern world it has been used in several vegan recipes and ketogenic diets.
- BENEFITS: Flavor and aroma aside, the tiny black seed comes with a whole lots of health benefits. It’s loaded with trace elements, vitamins, crystalline nigellone, amino acids, saponin, crude fiber, proteins and fatty acids like linolenic and oleic acids, volatile oils, alkaloids, iron, sodium, potassium and calcium. It keeps your heart healthy, addresses breathing problem, lubricates your joints etc.
- COMMON USES: The most common culinary uses of nigella seeds have been in Indian cooking and in breads, however it’s not only their flavor that the seeds are valued for; the oil that can be extracted from them often known as blackseed oil is believed to have a range of health benefits. They’re a superfood spice and you’ll sometimes find them included in granola and smoothies to pack in an extra dose of goodness.
- FLAVOR: Nigella seeds have a sharp, peppery aroma which reflects their flavor, but their taste is also onion-like, bitter and complex, making them a really interesting option to consider in your cooking. One sign of how much nigella seeds have been used over time is that they have so many different names: nigella sativa, black cumin, blackseed, kaljoni, fennel flower, nutmeg flower.
- HOW TO USE: Nigella seeds is used in some of recipes to give them a little twist, a finishing touch, or we sir them into rice for added seasoning. It can be used for salmon, pastry recipes, cookies, bread, egg, homemade potato chips, flavoring curries, dal, stir-fried vegetables, and even savories such as samosa, papdis and kachoriamong others
2. Black Cumin Seeds
Traditionally, Black Seed (Nigella sativa) is a well-known food supplement and herbal product that has a wide range of medical claims (including asthma) that originate from different historical backgrounds.
Black Cumin Seed, also called black cumin or kalonji, has a long history of culinary and medicinal use in certain regions of the world, but it is fairly new to the American market.
- NIGELLA SATIVA: Nigella sativa is a small black seed that comes from a flowering plant in the Ranunculacea family. – People have used the Black Cumin Seeds to make medicine for over 2000 years and Nigella sativa (N. Sativa) mostly grows in Southwest Asia, the Middle East, and Southern Europe
- Black seed oil is extracted from the seeds of Nigella sativa. One of its key components is thymoquinone, a compound with antioxidant properties.
- In foods, black seed is used as a flavoring or spice. – Try black cumin seeds on steamed or stir-fried vegetables, sprinkled on fish with lemon, or in an omelet instead of black pepper. Experiment with it in a grilled cheese sandwich, or on top of a slaw. It’s not only good in naan bread, it also works with focaccia and other types of bread as well.
- Eat Well Premium Foods – Black Cumin Seeds (Nigella Sativa) 1 Pound
- Import from Turkey – All Natural and Raw
3. Amazing Herbs Premium Black Seed Oil Capsules
Is Amazing Herbs Premium Black Seed Oil the right supplement for you? Amazing Herbs Premium Black Seed Oil is a rich source of EFA’s and anti-oxidants.
It offers a promising alternative remedy to help combat age-related disorders and restore a youthful and optimum inflammatory balance and immune system response.
Only nutraceutical on the market that is tested and verified by a third party lab to contain the highest percentage of naturally occurring thymoquinone (TQ).
- HIGH POTENCY – Amazing Herbs Premium Black Seed Oil Pills High Potency Formulation Delivers Natural Oil Intended for Oral Administration, Contain Omega Fatty Acid & 5x Thymoquinone
- QUALITY INGREDIENTS – Using the Highest Quality, Organically-Grown, Pesticide-Free and Non-Irradiated Nigella Sativa Seeds Containing No Preservatives or Hidden Synthetic Chemicals
- NATURAL HEALTH BENEFITS – Black Cumin Seed Oil Provides Immune Support, Aids in Digestive Health, Promotes Healthy Joints, Improves Brain Function that Restores Vitality & Improves Life Quality
- COLD-PRESSED IN THE USA – Amazing Herbs Utilizes Unique Screw-Type Presses that Gently Squeeze the Oil from the Seeds which Preserves the Oils Antioxidants and Retains a Higher Level of Nutrients
- OUR STORY – Original Manufacturers of Black Seed Health & Nutritional Supplements in the World & One of the First Nutraceutical Company’s to Introduce it to the Health & Nutrition Industry in the US
4. Black Seed Oil – 120 Softgel Capsules
With an arsenal of natural compounds that help rejuvenate hair and skin, it’s no wonder that black seed oil is making a name for itself around the world.
Well known in its native Mediterranean and Middle Eastern regions, its been used for thousands of years for it’s beneficial properties! We now know it’s packed full of phytochemicals, flavonoids, alkaloids and essential fatty acids which benefit from working together in synergy as nature intended.
Healths Harmony black seed is sourced from it’s native home in Turkey and Israel, then put into convenient softgel capsules right here in the USA!
- Cold-pressed black seed oil softgel capsules: We source the wonderful plant nigella staiva from its natural home, capture it all in a 500mg capsule along with natural vitamin E and manufacture it right here in the USA. The result is a superior-quality black cumin seed oil supplement that conveys all the benefits in an easy-to-swallow liquid capsule with no foul taste.
- Rediscover an ancient secret: Black seed oil (aka kalonji oil) has been used traditionally for thousands of years – as far back as the Egyptian pharaohs! Now, it’s now seeing a resurgent boom in popularity and scientific interest. Pure, cold-pressed black seed oil in softgel form is hard to find in today’s market. Order your 60 day supply (1 bottle) of this ancient secret, and bring yourself the myriad benefits of this unique plant that’s taking the scientific world by storm!
- Natural defense: The chemical compounds thymoquinone (TQ), thymohydroquinone (THQ) and thymol are most effective when working together, and are naturally occurring in nigella sativa. On the outside, the combined antioxidant properties of Black Seed and vitamin E promote stronger hair roots and increased melanin production which helps maintain healthy skin.
- Manufactured to immaculate standards: We manufacture these vegetarian, non-GMO softgels in a GMP-certified facility right here in the USA. The two piece capsules are filled with our precision formula in the presence of pure nitrogen to keep oxygen out and ensure your black seed oil remains pure and unspoiled.
5. Zhou Organic Black Seed Oil
Have you heard about black seed oil? Also known as black cumin seed and nigella sativa, it’s been used for centuries—and it’s benefits are finally becoming widely recognized in the Western world.
Our organic, cold-pressed, 100% pure Black Seed Oil Liquid is packed with super antioxidants and a powerful omega 3-6-9 complex to help support a strong immune system, joint health, digestive comfort, cardiovascular health, and healthy hair, skin, and nails. Simply take one teaspoon daily for best results.
- BASED IN THE HEART OF UTAH. At Zhou, we use only the highest-quality ingredients in a facility following GMP (good manufacturing practices). Plus, we test everything at our lab in Utah, so you can be confident that you’re fueling your body with the very best.
- Powerful Immune Support. Organic, cold-pressed, and 100% pure, our Black Seed Oil Liquid is packed with super antioxidants nigellone and thymoquinone, which may help maximize healthy cell activity in the body and keep your immune system strong..
- Heart Healthy Nutrients. Nutrients in this Blackseed Oil, also known as Kalonji Oil, work to help support cardiovascular health. Easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsules are a convenient way to consume this amazing superfood, also available from Zhou in its organic liquid oil form. Two capsules deliver 1300 mg of black seed oil at nearly half the price of many black seed oil supplements on the market. Your heart will thank you!
- Hair & Skin Superfood. This blackseed oil supplement also helps support thick, lustrous hair and glowing skin. Powerful omegas, amino acids and antioxidants naturally-occurring in black seed oil work together to help add strength and fullness to the hair and support youthful-looking skin.
- Joint & Digestive Comfort. Studies suggest that black seed oil may help support joint comfort and mobility. Ideal for people with poor digestion, it may help calm intestinal muscles, provide digestive comfort, and curb appetite so you stay fuller longer.
6. The Spice Way – Pure Nigella Seeds no preservatives
- NIGELLA SEEDS – Considered to be one of the strongest most powerful spices, used by traditional healers.
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS: none GMO, no irradiation, no preservatives, no agents, no fillers.
- RECOMMENDED USES – Upgrades your dips and salads with a unique flavor. Also great on bread and any kind of cheese.
- ONLY USE GENUINE NIGELLA SEEDS – there is a lot of confusion when it comes to nigella seeds. Only the genuine nigella seeds have the health benefits used by traditional doctors.
- FARM TO TABLE – we grow spices and herbs and we take pride in our fresh ingredients and traditional methods we use in our farm like our sun-drying methods.
7. Black Cumin Seed 1lb (16Oz) (Bulk Nigella Sativa)
Black seed has a bold taste that may be similar to black pepper, oregano, onions, or even nuts according to the tasters. The seeds pair well in savory dishes and add an extra punch of character to a meal.
Black seeds are not only packed with health benefits, they also have an aromatic smell when roasted. To release this potent and aromatic smell, lightly toast your seeds in a skillet before you add them to your meal.
- SPRINKLE it over your salads for an aromatic crunch
- STIR into your soup for a spicy kick
- COOK it in your curry
- SCRAMBLE it into your Stir-fry with your eggs or vegetables
- BAKE it in bread
8. Chai, Chaat & Chutney: a street food journey through India
Chetna Makan has travelled to the four corners of India – Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi and Chennai – sampling the extreme varieties of street food on offer. Each area has subtle differences in ingredients and techniques, making the cuisine completely unique and full of character.
In Chai, Chaat & Chutney, Chetna has taken inspiration from the street and created delicious recipes that are simple to cook at home. The result is a completely fresh take on Indian cuisine – try Tamarind Stuffed Chillis, Chana Dal Vada with Coconut Chutney and Sticky Bombay Chicken from the South or let your senses venture to the North for Chole, one of the ultimate curries, sweet Carrot Halwa, Pani Puri and Cardamom & Pistachio Kulfi.
9. Sourdough: Recipes for Rustic Fermented Breads
Sarah Owens spent years baking conventional baked goods, only to slowly realize she had developed a crippling inability to digest or tolerate their ingredients.
Unable to enjoy many of her most favorite foods, she knew she must find a health-sustaining alternative. Thus Sarah started experimenting with sourdough leavening, which almost immediately began to heal her gut and inspire her anew in the kitchen.
Soon after, her artisan small-batch bakery, BK17, was launched, and with that, a new way to savor and share nutritious sourdough breads and treats with her Brooklyn community.
Sourdough and other fermented foods are making a comeback because of their rich depth of flavor and proven health benefits. In Sourdough, Sarah demystifies keeping a sourdough culture, which is an extended fermentation process that allows for maximum flavor and easy digestion, showing us just how simple it can be to create a healthy starter from scratch.
Moreover, Sarah uses home-grown sourdough starter in dozens of baked goods, including cookies, cakes, scones, flatbreads, tarts, and more–well beyond bread.
Sarah is a botanist and gardener as well as a baker–her original recipes are accented with brief natural history notes of the highlighted plants and ingredients used therein. Anecdotes from the garden will delight naturalists and baked-goods lovers among us.
Laced with botanical and cultural notes on grains, fruits and vegetables, herbs, and even weeds, Sourdough celebrates seasonal abundance alongside the timeless craft of artisan baking.
10. Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Black Cumin Seeds
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Black Cumin Seeds (Nigella Sativa), 2 Pounds
- Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Earth Kosher, Raw, Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Black seed oil contains thymoquinone, which is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound
- Terrasoul Superfoods sources the freshest and highest quality superfoods from all over the planet. Our mission is to make these amazing, healthy foods available to you at the lowest prices possible while paying our growers and employees fair wages.
- 100% Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee – We stand behind our products and offer a 30-day money back guarantee, backed by an outstanding customer service team.
Last update on 2022-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API