Pastry bags are the little black dresses of the kitchen. When a pastry bag is part of the process, the experience becomes special whether it is three courses of extravagant food or a simple weeknight dinner.
It is very simple to use a pastry bag. Using it requires little or no training (apart from practicing for a few minutes with your ingredients) and can create masterful cake decorations when combined with the right tips and expertise.
To use this tool, you don’t have to be a cake boss. A basic pastry bag made from materials such as nylon and silicone, whether single- or multi-use, can be used to make cream puffs and meringue mushrooms, delicious macarons, potato or sweet potato rosettes for savory pies, decorative toppings for cakes or cupcakes, swirls of deviled eggs, and even whipped cream flowers. It seems as if there are no limits to the possibilities.
With the best pastry bags, you’ll be able to serve your most impressive appetizer, dinner, or dessert yet.
Top 5 Best Piping Bags: Editor Recommended
The 10 Best Piping Bag Reviews:
1. Piping Bags and Tips Set
- PROFESSIONAL SILICONE PASTRY BAGS: Compared with others,ELK’s piping bags uses the 60HA elastic silicone, which is the perfect material for the piping tips set. The slight elasticity ensures its reusability, allowing the viscous liquids to flow smoothly inside. It won’t blow out even if you knead the thick batter with it. Its high stretchiness means that all of the squeezing efforts you make gets transferred to bulging sides as it stretches out, instead of forcing the frosting out the bottom.
- SAY GOODBYE TO COLORED RESIDUES：The smooth interior of the piping set makes the frosting fall off easily after being cleaned with warm water. It is really a good choice when you make cupcakes, biscuits, and bread with bright-colored frosting, which won’t cause colored residues like other cheap pastry bag. You just need to turn the inside out, cleaning it with warm soapy water. The non-slip exterior that has a slight texture allows you to hold it more comfortably, easy to use as well.
- PIPING TIPS FOR EASILY SWITCHING: The converters will not be edged out during the extrusion process, and the icing bags tips can be easily switched without hollowing out the icing or replacing the piping bag. This is definitely helpful for different patterns of cake decoration. The cake decorating supplies includes:2 pastry bags and 6 stainless steel icing tips,2 standard converters,2 silicone rings, 3 cake scrapers.
- BAKING LIKE A PRO: The icing piping bag is perfect for making cupcakes, cakes, bread and biscuits and other different desserts. It really helps for daily baking, professional baking, and suitable for party gatherings. Imagine that others praise you for the inviting appearance of your cakes and desserts. Plateau ELK aims to bring happiness and motivation to all beginners and even experienced bakers.
- Plateau ELK aim to provide high-quality products and services to enhance the customer’s pleasant shopping experience. If you have any problems about the item, please contact us directly, we will reply within 2.4 hours and solve your problems as soon as possible.
2. Ateco Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy to use, Ateco disposable decorating bags are a versatile decorating tool for professional and home bakers alike
- Disposable bags ensure sterility and save valuable time by eliminating cleanup
- Constructed of nonslip plastic making each bag easy to grip; safe for use with hot or cold foods
3. RICCLE Disposable Piping Bags
- Thick Pastry Bags: Did your previous bags leaked? Are you afraid to squeeze them? Not now! Made of durable, anti-burst, non-slip and food grade plastic that is flexible, strong, reliable and thick enough to bear pressure of squeezing and frosting without any burst or leakage
- Works with or without Any Tip or Coupler: Just cut the narrow end of piping bag according to the size of coupler or tip. These pastry bags offer fit well with all sizes of coupler and tips, giving you freedom to create flowers, stars, and unique patterns on cake whether you use tips or not
- Strong Grip: Do you struggle holding icing bag? No matter how much you squeeze, Riccle’s Icing piping bags have smooth exterior that gives you firm grip that do not slip off hands and a smooth interior that lets icing flow freely.
- Disposable Piping Bags: Cut the end of the bag, insert the desired decorating tip, fill, squeeze and that is all. There is no room for mess unlike silicone bags. Just toss it when done using
- Cakes and beyond: These cake decorating bags are ideal for projects that require multiple colors with a small quantity. Use for cake icing, cupcakes, pastries, cookies decor, thick buttercream frosting, chocolate garnishing, macaron and to add fine details to your dessert
4. Piping Bags, Pastry Bags 12 Inch 100pcs
- UPGRADED Thick Piping Bags: Made of durable strong and sturdy material, anti-burst, non-slip. Don’t be afraid of squeezing the bag anymore. Make your baking time better.
- Healthy Material: Pastry Bags of Food-grade plastic BPA free LDPE plastic, safe and non-toxic, to ensure food safety for you and your family.
- Disposable Piping Bags: Easy to use, throw away directly after use, clean and hygienic, no need to repeated cleaning.
- 12 INCH 100 PACK: Fit any standard piping tips. You can trim the end of the piping bag to match your decorating coupler or tip size.
- Happy Baking: The BOOMIBOO icing bags are suitable for all people who like to bake. Easy baking time and delicious desserts create a happy day.
5. Keenpioneer Piping Bag
Strong seams and thick film ensure the bag’s strength and durability. The bags are soft and flexible, making them ideal for delicate and precise decoration.
With food grade raw materials and a dust-free workshop, our piping bags are compliant with Food Sanitation Laws and free of BPA.
Each bag is packed in a dispenser box. Remove the bag. The remaining bags should be stored in your pantry.
- Thick and durable pastry bag with anti-burst strength
- Ideal icing bags – perfect for beautifully decorating your freshly baked cakes and cupcakes, or whipping up cream puffs & chocolate eclairs, meringues, mashed potato, cookie dough, or filling for deviled eggs.
- Food condition: 14°F to 230°F (-10°C to 110°C)
- Use with or without Tip
- Hygienic Dispenser Packaging for easy use and storage
6. 200 Pieces Anti Burst Piping Bags
- STRONG AND STURDY – Strong and sturdy material makes it stronger to withstand pressure
- TEXTURED SURFACE – Textured surface makes it better to grip and feel nice to handle
- WORKS WITH ANY TIPS: Fit any standard piping tips, simply trim the end of the pastry bag to fit your decorating tips and couplers, you can also use without tip or coupler
- WIDE OPENING – Wide opening makes bag simple to fill; Clear plastic makes it easy to anticipate refills
- DISPOSABLE – Disposable bags ensure sterility and save valuable time by eliminating cleanup
7. Weetiee Pastry Piping Bags
The 16 inch size lets you fill each bag with more icing so you won’t have to refill frequently or worry about the icing pouring out of the back; The wide opening makes filling the bag easy;
Come uncut and can be trimmed to fit any tips or couplers. Let’s have fun with our favorite decorating tips!
You can use many fun icing colors with disposable pastry bags, and cleanup is quick and easy. Just use then toss！Just use then toss! Start decorating right away when you take this set home!
- Healthy Material Is Safe For Your Family: Made of non-slip and BPA free LDPE plastic, nontoxic and tasteless, ensuring your family is kept completely safe. Safe and ideal for use with hot or cold foods
- Extra thick – no-bursting: 0. 08 mm, thicker than mainstream pastry icing bags (only 0. 02-0. 04mm), which can withstand more powerful extrusion. With these decorating bags on hand, you’re free to apply as much pressure as you want. Now, let’s say bye to the days of slaving over some weak, easy to burst piping bags!
- Large capacity and wide opening: 16 inch, Perfect for making enough treats for a whole office or classroom; wide opening makes bag easy to fill; Transparent plastic makes it simple to anticipate refills.
- Bonus 2 couplers – helps you change piping tips without unnecessarily wasting bags or frosting.
- Make a great gift: Weetiee disposable decorating bags set is a multi-purpose decorating tool designed for professional and home bakers alike, anyone who loves to get creative with baked goods will appreciate these pastry bags
8. Riccle Reusable Piping Bags and Tips Set
Prepare the silicone piping bag by trimming down the end to fit the large piping tips. The tip should be trimmed according to its shape and cut a size smaller so it won’t slip out of the bottom.
Make sure to attach the tip to the bag and insert the “inside” plastic lining to prevent frosting from falling out.
Attach the tip tightly to the coupler and secure the outside of the piping bag with a ring.
The consistency of the frosting will determine whether you should use a spatula or a spoon to fill in the frosting.
Scrape out the extra filling after filling the bag to 3/4. As you close out the pipe with your dominant hand, scoop out the frosting.
As there is no hurry, apply steady pressure to the piping bag.
Just uninstall the frosting tips and attach a new one if you want to change them.
Piping bags with and without couplers can be used, but the latter is preferable because it keeps everything in place. Taking proper care of it over time will keep it from hardening, cracking, peeling, crumbling, drying out, rotting or becoming brittle
- Cake Decorating Kit You Need The Most – This all-in-one baking set gives you two pairs each of 12, 14 and 16″ silicone cake icing bags, six pcs. each of tips, ties and couplers for piping bags, and one scraper
- Premium Reusable Pastry Bags – Made of high-quality, food-safe material, these icing piping bags are built to last. Unlike disposable pastry bags and tips, you can reuse this frosting piping kit
- Decorate Cakes Like A Pro – Handle any decorating task with the piping tips and silicone frosting bags in this baking kit. With 6 cake decorating tips, you can pipe swirls, letters, leaves, and even florals!
- Seamless Edges – Our reusable frosting bags and tips set comes with a scraper for smoothing out icing to give your cake a clean, professional finish. Plus, it has a hanging hole for drying and storage!
- Easy To Use & Clean – Each pastry bag has an ultra-smooth interior that lets you squeeze out and wash off excess icing easily. For a better grip, the exterior of the silicone piping bags is textured.
9. Piping Bag and Tips Cake Decorating Supplies Kit
These cake decorating tools are crafted from stainless steel in different shapes and sizes to create scrollwork, lettering, flowers, borders, etc. on your cakes so that you and your family can have a pleasant and unforgettable DIY experience.
In addition to being tearproof and leak-proof, our TPE silicone piping bags are soft, durable, and stretchy enough to withstand hard extrusion and won’t burst under pressure. Designed for easy gripping, these reusable piping bags are smooth on the inside for easy cleaning.
This cake decorating kit is a perfect frosting tool set for cake baking and makes a great gift for birthdays, housewarmings, Mother’s day, children’s day, weddings, or bakers.
There are six metal icing tips, one silicone pastry bag, and one plastic coupler with which you can create patterns on cakes, cupcakes, pastries, pies, and cookies with these cake decorating tools.
Material of nozzle: stainless steel> material of pastry bag: silicone> size of pastry bag: approximately 10 cm squared. Size of nozzle: approximately 31 x 17 centimeters/12 x 7 inches. 1 x 1 x 3 centimeters. The area is 63 by 0. This package contains a pastry bag and 6 stainless steel icing tips in one package.
- PIPING BAG and TIPS RESUABLE SET: 6 stainless steel icing tips, 1 reusable silicone pastry bag, 1 reusable plastic coupler,provide you with the necessary accessories to bake the decoration in an affordable, fast and simple way.
- STYRDY & Easy to USE: Durable and long lasting,easy to assemble,clean and dishwasher safe.Silicon pastry bags can support different color icing while decorating cakes, the couplers made it mess free to switch tips. Easy to swap out the tips to try out different designs.
- GOOD QUALITY: Made of TPU, light weight and handy size, very soft and flexible, corrosion resistant, non-stick, tasteless & non-toxic, comfortable to hold, easy to use. The outside has very good anti-slip property, so you can wash it with water in a short time.
- MAKE YOUR STYLE: Ideal cake decorating supplies tools to create many kinds of flowers and patterns on cakes, cupcakes, pies and cookies.Also good cake decorating supplies kit for beginners.
- ENJOY YOUR FAMILY TIME: Seamless designed for safety added while decorating pastries, you can feel free to use the icing piping tips with your kids and add family fun time in the kitchen.
10. Kootek 28 Pcs Cake Decorating Tools with 12 Reusable Silicone Piping Pastry Bags
From beginner to expert, make decorating easier and more enjoyable. Silicone is a durable material that can withstand strong extrusion. The reinforced seam offers the highest level of strength while providing superior flexibility.
There is a smooth interior to the bag, while the outside is textured for easy handling and control. The bag can be put in the dishwasher. A hemmed top with a hanging loop makes it easy to hang on the wall.
- Cake Decorating Supplies Tools – Made of 100% food grade materials to ensure absolute safety for you.
- Reusable Piping Bags – 12 Pack (4 pack each size) 3 sizes (12’’+14’’+16’’) reusable silicone icing piping bags , which can withstand powerful extrusion use, use them simultaneously for different colors.
- Plastic Couplers – 6 Standard size plastic couplers fit for standard-size piping tips, can easily switch out the tips while still using the same bag of frosting.
- Icing Bag Ties – 10 icing bag ties, convenient bands wrap around the twist of your decorating bag. Squeeze out icing, slide the tie down to maintain the pressure.
- Multipurpose & Easy to Clean – Each piece are reusable and dishwasher safe. Ideal for decorating cake, cupcakes, cookies, candy, fondants, muffin, pies that requires a variety of creams, frostings or fillings.
Pastry Bag Buying Guide
Pastry bags are available in a few basic sizes. The small size is used mostly for detailed decorating; the medium size is used for piping work, decorating, and filling; the large size is used for piping, filling, forming cakes or pastries, and adding toppings; and the extra-large size is used mostly for shaping cakes or pastries. It is important to choose the right size for your project.
Strength and flexibility of a pastry bag are determined by the material it is made of. Under pressure, a bag needs to be strong enough to resist breaking, while at the same time being flexible enough to be twisted easily.
Cotton, plastic, silicone, polyurethane, nylon, polyester, and rubber are some of the materials used for commercial pastry bags. Pastry bags should have a comfortable outside surface and not be slippery.
It’s important that ingredients, particularly if they contain butter, oil, or sugar, do not stick to the inside of the bag or embed in it, but rather can be easily cleaned off the surface if the bag is re-used.
A pastry bag is sometimes referred to as a decorating bag or a piping bag. It’s generally true that a pastry bag has a good deal of flexibility in the tasks it performs well.
Decorating bags are often better suited for work on cakes and cookies. Typically, a piping bag can be used for any type of pastry bag, so check the details.
Ease of Cleaning
The disposable pastry bags can be thrown away after one use if they are marked as such. As a result, most disposable pastry bags can be reused one to three times and even recycled.
The best way to clean reusable pastry bags is to wash them in the dishwasher after they have been rinsed under hot water to remove as much product as possible.
Consult the manufacturer’s instructions for the best method for your device. To avoid further contamination, however, they should be washed as soon as possible.
Ensure that your pastry bag is thoroughly dried, too: first inside out, then outside in.
When you squeeze out the ingredient you’re using from the tip of the pastry bag, it goes directly onto your project. Tip sizes vary depending on the manufacturer, and some can be cut with scissors or an X-Acto knife.
Different effects can also be achieved by cutting the tip straight across or at an angle. The tip should fit well if you’re using a coupler and tips.
In general, pastry bags aren’t an expensive purchase, but the price can range from very inexpensive to moderately expensive.
Reusable traditional pastry bags can only become pricey if they are not properly cleaned since that is the main ongoing maintenance task required.
It was our primary goal to make choosing the best piping bag easier for you. We assure you that all of the offerings we have gone through have been nothing less than that.
Therefore, rather than going through a never-ending struggle between the available options, choose one without any hesitations!
Last update on 2022-05-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API